I hear that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. I hope Cameron Garriepy is quite flattered that I am, once again, borrowing her Five True Things idea.
1. I went to the book release of my professor-turned-friend on Friday. Reading her amazing book of poetry, Of Dirt and Tar, makes me want to write poetry again.
2. I am going to court for the first time in my life on Wednesday and I am slightly terrified. So far my courtroom experience comes from John Grisham and episodes of Law & Order. I’m sure it will be just like that.
3. I started reading Trumpet: A Novel (Vintage Contemporaries), as recommended by a co-worker. The language is so beautiful it envelopes me and I forget that I am not in the book. I love when that happens.
4. I have been binge-watching Supernatural for a while now, and I continue to have slightly inappropriate dreams about Dean Winchester.
5. I am making better use of the time I should be sleeping by working for Lifehack as a freelance editor. Paid for editing. Does it get any better?
What are five true things for you?