NaNoWriMo Update

Last year I did weekly updates on my NaNoWriMo progress. This year? I haven’t had the time. This has been one crazy November.

First of all, I started a Tupperware business (want to place an order?). So I’ve tried to attend the weekly rallies, have gone to a few parties by my fellow consultants to help out, and then of course there’s everything I’ve had to do for my own. I’ve had three parties so far, made a little bit of extra cash, and am really looking forward to the future. I’m still working out the kinks and learning a lot about the products, so it’s been taking up a chunk of my spare time.

Speaking of spare time. T has been with his grandparents for a week. I miss him like crazy. I’m going to my dad’s cabin for Thanksgiving, so I’ll pick up T then. Perhaps after that, life will seem to return a bit more to normal.

So amidst the craziness, I’m also trying to write 50,000 words by November 30th. To tell you the truth, I have not been pushing myself nearly as hard as I did last year. But, I’m really not getting down on myself about it. For me, the point is to get myself into the habit of writing, and that is working. I’ve written almost 30,000 words, some of them actually decent, and I have a story that’s kind of getting all worked out. I think I’ve even figured out the plot!

You know, when I write about it, it doesn’t really sound like I should have been all that busy. But I have. I met up with Jessica for coffee (Okay, she had coffee. I had peppermint hot chocolate. Yum!) I really enjoy her company and the conversations we have. I got to babysit my best friend’s son twice recently, and that is always a joy. He’s such a happy little monster. Plus, he blows kisses now and it’s ohmygodsofreakingadorable. I’ve actually got a little bit of reading done. I have two books I need to write reviews for, and another one I need to finish by the beginning of December. I have not cleaned my house, like I usually do when T is gone. But I really don’t feel like I’ve been home much, except to sleep. And by that time comes around, it’s been after midnight, so I just kind of collapse into bed. I’ve only had to take a sleep aid twice in the past week in order to sleep.

But I’m tired. All the time. Ever since I got back from my cousin’s wedding, I’ve noticed it. I’m yawning all day long. I go to sleep late, and then I sleep through my alarm, so I’m rushing off to work every morning. I always  manage to get there on time, looking all professional-ish, but this is without having to drop T off at school. If I had to do that, I would be 15 minutes late to work every day. So, hopefully, when he gets back, I’ll feel a little back to normal and will possibly get rid of all this exhaustion.

I really did intend this to be an update on my NaNoWriMo progress, but my words seem to have gotten away with me. I guess you can see this as my reasoning for why I haven’t been around as much on Twitter lately. I miss the conversations I have there, but I am so glad to be getting out of the house and doing something with myself. Every day is still kind of a fight to remind myself that I’m not worthless. Every day is still a bit of a struggle, but I can see things are improving.

Share Button