So this is my obligatory Thanksgiving post. As you are reading this, I am probably up at my dad’s cabin, celebrating by hiding myself in a corner writing furiously in an attempt to write 20,000 words by November 30th. Or maybe I’m talking to someone about Tupperware. Or I’m sleeping.
I’m Thankful …
1. … for T. Every day. Always. I love him more than I thought I ever could.
2. … for Jamie. This girl right here? Is my best friend. And, according to Facebook, my sister. I love her.
3. … for my beautiful and supportive mom. Enough said.
4. … for my proud and hard-working dad. No doubt.
5. … for the rest of my family and my friends (yes, on & off line). They are all so loving and supportive. I am so lucky.
6. … that I have a job. With health insurance. And so many other possibilities and opportunities for the future.
7. … for anti-depression pills and finally-get-some-sleep pills and no-more-pain pills.
8. … for my special birthday song, written by my lovely friends Jennifer and Alia. (Happy birthday to you / Your spine needs some glue / Happy birthday, you cripple / And next year you’re doomed!)
9. … to have a choice. In so many ways.
12. … for a preschool with a sliding fee scale.
13. … for consistently having a roof over my head and food in the pantry.
14. … I live in such a beautiful and diverse place. I <3 Reno.
15. … for my education, and the possibility of expanding it further.
16. … for grants and student loans that have funded my education.
18. …that I didn’t set a specific number of items to be thankful for so I can stop this list whenever I want.
(or Happy Thursday, for all those non-Americanos.)