1. Guess what? I totally went to the gym last night. And I’m going tonight. I’m going three nights a week, no matter what. That is my commitment to myself. Posting it here just makes me accountable. Oh, and I took my Kindle with me last night. Totally made the workout go by faster than listening to music on the iPhone. I finished sixteen chapters of the book I’m currently reading. Granted, the chapters are relatively short, but still! I get 40 minutes of uninterrupted reading time and exercise while I’m doing it. I couldn’t do that with regular books, because the print is usually so small that my body moving makes it hard to read. But the Kindle? Large print and sat nicely on the elliptical so I didn’t even have to hold it. Awesome.
2. Look at this picture of the kiddo. Yes, he is folded up inside his tent. On purpose. He says he was “Tent-Man”. I think he’s a weirdo. In the nicest way possible.
3. Speaking of pictures of the kiddo…every time I scroll past this one it kind of freaks me out a little bit.
4. Reading this post of Brianna’s makes me want to dig up some of my old written stuff to share with you. I’m not sure I can top the adorable-ness of her dedication, but it might be interesting anyway. Especially the book I had to write for math class (weird, right?). I believe the main character was a triangle who was not happy being a triangle. It’s a thrilling read, for sure. My only problem is figuring out which tote such things would be in. There are so many of them in the storage closet…
|Photo by Brianna; obviously|
6. When I first heard about the earthquake in Christchurch, I only caught the tail end of the story. I thought there was an earthquake in an actual church called Christ’s Church. Kind of seemed like End-of-Days shit.
7. I listen to NPR on the drive to work. I listen to NPR on the drive home. I listen to NPR a lot. And I always think about the things I listen to, and map out little blog entries regarding whatever the discussion was about. And then I forget what I was going to say. I have a terrible memory for this sort of thing. Maybe I should quit my job so I’ll have more time to focus on my blog. Yeah…that sounds like a sound decision.