No really, I am.
But this one is totally awesome. It’s called Day Zero, and you make a list of 101 things that you want to accomplish in 1,001 days. My friends Brianna and Jamie are doing it, and I decided it sounds like a pretty awesome way to start getting through that 35 Before 35 list (which I haven’t even finished creating yet).
Instead of doing a whole separate page for this project, I’m just going to do random update posts whenever I do something towards completing an item.
So here it is…
Family & Home
1. Go for a walk with the kiddo every day for two weeks.
2. Take a trip, just me and kiddo, somewhere other than to visit family.
3. Buy the kiddo a bed and get him to sleep in it every day for a week.
4. Have a photo shoot for myself & the kiddo.
5. Teach the kiddo finger-spelling.
6. Read aloud to the kiddo every night before bed for a month.
7. Sign the kiddo up for 2 classes/activities/sports. (0/2)
8. Take the kiddo star-gazing.
9. Learn to cut the kiddo’s hair.
10. Make a family tree.
11. Write my will.
12. Decorate my home.
13. Minimize the amount of stuff in my house.
14. Refinish a piece of furniture.
15. Send family & friends birthday cards.
The Writing Life
16. Write a letter to myself to be opened when the 1,001 days are over.
17. Write a list of 101 things I’ve already achieved in this lifetime.
18. Submit 5 stories for publication. (0/5)
19. Finish editing Post-Its.
20. Participate in Script Frenzy.
21. Blog at least once a week.
22. Pick 5 people who have changed my life and write each of them a letter. (0/5)
24. Leave an inspirational note inside a book for someone to find.
A Slight Obsession with Books
25. Read all the books currently on my shelf.
26. Read at least one book a month and keep a list of them.
27. Go see an author read from his/her work.
28. Ask 10 friends to suggest one book, and read them all. (0/10)
30. See 10 classic movies I’ve never seen. (0/10)
31. Attend the midnight premiere of a movie.
32. Watch a movie from every year since movie-making began.
33. Watch 10 documentary films. (0/10)
34. Get a second Bachelor’s.
35. Get a job I love.
36. Lose 30 pounds. (0/30)
37. Go jogging 3 days a week for a month.
38. Touch my toes without bending my knees.
39. Learn what clothes look good on me, and buy some.
40. Be vegetarian for a week.
41. Cook dinner every night for a week.
42. Eat 5 things I’ve never tried before. (0/5)
43. Buy new glasses.
44. Learn basic Italian.
46. Go without soda for a month.
47. Learn how to change my own oil.
48. Spend a weekend at a spa.
49. Identify 100 things that make me happy.
50. Run a half marathon.
51. Hike to the top of a mountain.
52. Go out to dinner by myself.
53. Participate in a (peaceful) protest.
54. Take a kickboxing class.
55. Take a photography class.
56. Get CPR certified.
57. Get my wisdom teeth removed.
58. Become educated in politics.
59. Improve my self confidence.
60. Re-learn American Sign Language.
61. Write all my bad memories on paper, burn this paper afterwards.
62. Create a budget and stick to it.
63. Save a 6-month emergency fund.
64. Pay off credit cards.
65. Save $5 for every task I complete. (0/101)
66. Go completely paperless for all of my bills.
67. Donate blood.
68. Donate money to charity.
71. Pay for someone else’s food behind me at the drive thru.
72. Help someone else complete one of their goals.
74. Make a wish at 11:11 on 11/11/11
75. Create a scrapbook.
76. Complete a cross stitch project.
77. Learn to ballroom dance.
78. Learn how to shoot a gun.
79. Go snowboarding.
80. Go indoor rock climbing.
81. Buy a new laptop.
82. Send flowers to someone.
83. Go see an opera.
84. See a play.
85. Go to an art gallery.
86. Go to 5 different museums. (0/5)
87. Have my palm read.
88. Visit an aquarium.
90. Fly a kite.
92. Attend services at a synagogue.
93. Get a passport.
94. Throw a party.
95. Travel somewhere by train.
96. Watch the sunrise on a beach.
97. Go speed dating.
98. Watch the ball drop on New Year’s in Times Square.
99. Ride a roller coaster that goes upside down.
100. Don’t watch TV for a week.
101. Complete a 365 day photo challenge.