1. The ex-husband had a job interview yesterday. He came home very positive about it, mentioning that the guy told him it was “pretty much a guarantee.” They even snipped some of his hair for a druggie test (they should’ve cut it all!). If he doesn’t get it, I may have to go killstab mode. Or go deep underground to avoid the killstabbing.
2. Merry Chanukah! My lovely friends Jamie & Adam had a Chanukah party on Sunday and it was glorious fun. I totally helped cook. And by help, I mean I got to grate a bunch of potatoes. It was awesome. Alia took pictures, but I have yet to see any with me in them. However, she did post one photo on Facebook of her and Jeremy mugging it up with my kiddo. Love their expressions.
3. (Speaking of Jeremy) I am constantly amused at the Facebook friending phenomenon (I thought about spelling that with an F, but it would have annoyed me too much). I met Alia’s male romantic partner at the Chanukah party. He’s a very nice boy, especially because he almost always picked my card during a viciously competitive game of Apples to Apples (which I lost). Aaaanyway…the very next day I received a “friend request” on Facebook from Jeremy. Which I accepted. So, the moral of the FfP is that it does not take much to be considered someone’s friend these days. Just one awesome game of Apples to Apples, and you’re FBBFFs*!
4. I purchased my very first iPhone app yesterday. It cost a whole 99¢. Yes, I have been an iPhone user for almost a year now and this is the first time I actually bought an app. Best 99¢ I’ve ever spent. The app is called CameraBag and it takes my pictures from this…
And there are other styles as well. I think it’s fun. So expect that a lot of my photos in the future will look like they are from 1974. Because that’s the name of my favorite style.
5. On Saturday night, I had a free night of babysitting. It was a holiday present from the kiddo’s day care provider. It was a wonderful present. What did I do during this 4 hours of kiddo-free-ness? I had a blizzard from Dairy Queen while watching Mommie Dearest. I swear, anytime you feel like a bad mother, you should just whip this movie out. Seriously. Me spanking my kiddo when he’s been just the turd-of-the-century can’t even hold a candle to the scene of Joan Crawford (Faye Dunaway) crying “Wire hangers, why?” and beating her poor child with said wire hanger.
6. I need a new background for this bloggy. Maybe I should just have crazyass Joan Crawford as my background image. That would be awesome. If by awesome, I mean totally creepy.
7. I totally have to convince myself every single day that my friends have lives. Real ones. That don’t involve reading my totally lame NaNovel. I haven’t finished Brianna‘s edits (I’ve read the whole novel, just re-reading so I can add my notes), so why should I think anybody has finished mine? Still, it’s kind of always in the back of my mind. What do they think about it? Do I even really want to know?
*FaceBook Best Friends Forever. Obviously.