1. Currently reading Forever, by Judy Blume. I grew up reading Blume’s books, but somehow missed this one. It’s on the list of Banned Books from 2000-2009. I’m also reading Slaughterhouse Five from the list.
2. I’m doing a lot of thinking lately about my life. Where I am and where I’m going. It scares me that I still don’t know what I want to do with my life. My 27th birthday is only 2 weeks away, and while I don’t have a problem with getting older, I do have a problem with wasting my life in the rear-view mirror.
3. I met up with my lovely friends, Jamie and Alia, for our first writing group. There was no writing, and not really writing-related discussions, but I still have a lovely time. Of course, right now, any day I don’t spend awkwardly sitting around with the ex-husband in the home we share is a very good day.
4. I am loving the daily updates from 1000 Awesome Things. Awesome!
5. I’ve taken the pledge at the It Gets Better Project. I wanted to write a post about it, but as someone who wasn’t really bullied in high school, I feel like I can’t do it justice. So instead, I ask that you go watch the videos. There are over 2000 of them.
6. I am in love with this cake. Maybe I can commission it for the kiddo’s next birthday. Or for my birthday. Or any day.
8. Somehow I got on Planned Parenthood’s mailing list. I’m not complaining, just stating a fact. So, anyway, they sent me an email about signing a petition for no-cost birth control. Sign it. Because birth control matters. Otherwise, we might end up with more celebrities brought-to-you-by 16 & Pregnant, and Teen Mom. (Ugh. More on that tragedy another day.)